Monday, October 20, 2008

Plum Wine

Ummmm uMMMM GOOOOOD!!!

At my husband's recent birthday dinner, I was introduced to something new...and VERY nice, plum wine. Also called Ume, plum wine is not made from traditional grapes. Instead, its made with plums and shochu, Japanese clear liquor. Its really popular in Japan and Korea, and is also produced in China. The taste is VERY smooth and sweet and is great with dinner. If you like the "buzz" of alcohol, but maybe not the taste, this is something to try. It tastes like REALLY good juice and compliments Japanese food extremely well. Domo Arigato, Elsa I love this stuff ;)!

I also tried sushi for the first time, and it was really good too!!! You should start out with the California Rolls if you've never tried before, that's what a lot of seasoned sushi vets recommend ;). I personally love Salmon, it has such a fresh taste! LOVE

2 comments:

MrsMo said...

I think I will try it this weekend

Elsa said...

I knew you would like it. The smooth taste lingers in your mouth without too much of an alcohol taste, very good with seafood. Pass the glass and enjoy!